Diablo has created packages for successful teambuilding and created memorable, unique and challenging opportunities that will allow your team members to achieve a common vision, break through communication barriers, exercise flexibility in decision-making and project direction, and learn trust and dependence upon each other.
Use the finesse, fire and flare of glassblowing as your next teambuilding venue!
Package #1: Artistic Adventure
This is Diablo’s most hands-on teambuilding adventure. Each member will create at least one glass paperweight and at least one lampwork piece such as a pendant or bead. The creation of a paperweight involves an introduction to glassblowing techniques and skills such as gathering, centering, blocking, and marvering as well as basic color application using powders and frits. With the creation of your lampwork piece, members will be introduced to safety in working with an open flame and molten glass, learn use tools to shape and embellish beads, and experience the practical “scientific” techniques involved with hot glasswork.
Team Trophies: 8 paperweights and 8 Lampwork Pieces
Capacity: 9 team members per 4-hour period
Package #2: Design Dynamics
Your team will treasure together their custom art glass creation for a lifetime with this package. One team of up to 20 members designs the colors and patterns of a custom vase while another team of up to 20 members’ designs the shape of the piece. Each member will be given the VIP tour of the glassblowing studio facility. They will be educated on the processes of the creation of their piece while the principal glassblower develops the vase using the team members’ directives and design ideas.
Team Trophy: 1 Custom-Designed Vase
Capacity: Up to 40 team members per 2-hour period
Price: $1,500 plus the value of the piece created, starting with a $150 minimum value. Diablo will work with the team building event coordinator prior to the event to determine desired budget. The value of the piece is dependent upon the size, colors and style selected.
- Shipping costs and sales tax are not included in the package prices above.
- All pieces created must be annealed then ground and polished making them available approximately two weeks following the event. They may be picked up or shipped (for an additional cost), if desired.
- All food, beverage and travel costs are the client’s responsibility. Food and beverages can be arranged through Diablo; options range from casual eating to wine tasting events. Alcohol should not be consumed prior to or during the event. Alcohol may be served after the teambuilding event is fully completed.
- For packages all team members should eat a well-balanced meal before working with hot glass. In addition, each team member needs to bring or wear the following:
- 100 % natural fiber clothing (i.e. cotton)
- Long pants with no cuffs (No Shorts Will Be Allowed)
- Closed-Toed shoes that cover your whole foot (i.e. tennis shoes)
- Shirt should have a high neckline with no pockets and no cuffs
- Bring a hat or headband
- Long hair should be pulled back securely
- Optional: Long-sleeved cotton shirt with tight, non-billowy sleeves
- A water bottle
- 50% down payment needed to reserve event; remaining balance due on the day of the event; in the unfortunate need for cancellation, 2 full business days’ notice is needed for 100% refund.
Diablo Glass studio is located in the Mission Hill area of Boston. We are thrilled to be instrumental in the success of your company and host your team-building event.